[asterisk-dev] Zaptel Issue 11153

Tony Plack Tony at plack.net
Wed Nov 14 16:21:27 CST 2007

Not directly.  I kind of figured it out through a fuzzy logic after searching Google on TSC, HPET and these errors.  I had a tack on the issue being in the kernel on Friday.

The article that was the lynch pin for me was https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kqemu/+bug/82149.

The conclusion of the article was that there was a problem in 2.6.20 in Ubuntu and they needed to recompile with different options that were not in 2.6.18 directly.  That was Monday.

Tuesday, I woke up and realized it must be a kernel version issue.  I tried to read through the change logs from .20 to .23.1 and saw there were many changes to the timer routines.

Seems to me to be more with the Core 2 products and multiple CPUs.

Tony Plack