[asterisk-dev] Provisional cross-connect?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 14 12:07:56 CST 2007

I know Asterisk is a B2BUA, but is there any way to make it behave like a
proxy when doing call forwarding?  For instance, if I call into the
Asterisk box via SIP and then have it in the dial plan to forward that
call (via Dial()) out to a Zap channel, what will happen is that the
call will be picked up immediately on the SIP leg because it is logically
independent from the outbound leg, and any ringback or provisional
progress that may be occurring on the Zap leg.

Any way to change this behaviour so that the call is actually not
answered on the SIP leg with a 200 OK until the call on the far end
picks it up?

I'm thinking probably not, as that seems contrary to what a B2BUA would
do.  But thought I might ask ...

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems