[asterisk-dev] Zaptel Issue 11153

Matthew Yingling matt at xenotran.com
Wed Nov 14 10:54:25 CST 2007

Hi,

I was testing a PC set up with Asterisk 1.4.8 and Zaptel 1.4.4 and
discovered that hold music would play, but anything requiring a voice prompt
would hang indefinitely.  I came across this issue, which is marked closed.
I am  able to replicate this exact behavior.  I am not using any zaptel
hardwar and if ztdummy is running, no voice prompts will play, but hold
music will.  If I unload ztdummy, voice prompts and music both work, but
MeetMe() does not.  It works whether Zaptel is loaded or not.  What is
interesting is that I just tried this same installation in a different PC
and it works fine.

I am running a live installation (Slax 5.1.8.1 with kernel 2.6.16) of
Asterisk on a USB stick, so the complete OS and configuration is identical
on both systems, but one exhibits this issue while the other does not.  Can
anyone suggest a way to determine whether this is a Zaptel or Linux kernel
issue?

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11153

Thanks,
Matthew