[asterisk-dev] Reverse decrement of call counter

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 09:23:46 CST 2007

Hi all,
im stuck in a problem where the call counter is not decremented for
sip-peers after the call is hungup in certain cases. I have found out where
the problem lies in the code. if i comment that part of the code then the
call is decremented fine. But i have no idea what side-effects will be
created by commenting that code. So i need to understand the NEED for that
code

from function sip_hangup (chan_sip.c line 3378)

if ( p->initid != -1 ) {
/* channel still up - reverse dec of inUse counter
only if the channel is not auto-congested */
update_call_counter(p, INC_CALL_LIMIT);    //commenting this line resolves
the problem
}

i dont believe what the comments say in this peice of code. I need to know
when and why do we use this so called reverse decrementing technique. Can
anybody help?

--
Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham