[asterisk-dev] Why not C++?

Matthew Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Wed Nov 7 13:01:52 CST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 12:31 -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On 11/7/07, Power, Paul C. <ppower at integratelecom.com> wrote:
>
>         I was wondering why Asterisk is not written in C++ or if
>         there is any interest in having Asterisk written in C++.
>
> http://yosefk.com/c++fqa/defective.html

Either way I don't think that answers Paul's question.  Half of the
things in the list apply to C as well, and the validity of the entire
list is debatable.  C++ is a very thoroughly designed language.  The
reasoning behind most of the design decisions that went into the
language can be found in the book "The Design and Evolution of C++".

P.S. That site seems to be a response to this (very useful) C++ site:
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/index.html
--
Matthew Nicholson
Digium