[asterisk-dev] Why not C++?

Power, Paul C. ppower at integratelecom.com
Wed Nov 7 12:21:13 CST 2007

All-

I was wondering why Asterisk is not written in C++ or if
there is any interest in having Asterisk written in C++.

I have been watching the list of bugs and other proposed
changes to asterisk (fast-ast2).
It has occurred to me there may be great values in leveraging
something like the BOOST libraries to take care of some of
the minutiae that seems to cause problems.

I am thinking mostly collecitons, threading, string processing.

If this have been discussed before, could some one direct me to it?

I am interested in hearing any and ALL opinions!

PCPIII