[asterisk-dev] Bounty for real-time musiconhold.conf

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Nov 6 21:03:37 CST 2007

Igor A. Goncharovsky wrote:
> Hi!
> Alistair Cunningham writes:
>> I've now posted a bounty page at:
>>
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+bounty+realtime+musiconhold.conf
>>
> I do not understand what reason to make musiconhold realtime? To change
> in realtime sort order or directory with files?

I've run into this issue when building hosted PBXs. Without realtime
musiconhold, then when you add a new entry to the musiconhold.conf file,
you have to reload the res_musiconhold.so module. By having it in
dynamic realtime (I do it in static realtime when clustering, but you
still have to reload the musiconhold.so module), then when you add an
entry to the database from a GUI, or other external script, then
Asterisk could load it from the DB automatically the next time MoH is
called.