[asterisk-dev] module embedding help ?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Nov 6 09:24:30 CST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 04:08:33PM +0100, Michael Iedema wrote:
> On 11/6/07, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
> >
> > ok it works on linux but not on FreeBSD. Need to check why - any
> > documentation or suggestion on what mechanism is used to make dlopen()
> > work on the embedded modules too ?
>
> FYI, this is also broken in 1.4 on FreeBSD. Let me know if I can help
> in any way.

I am trying to debug the issue.
So far:
 - calls to ast_module_register() do occur before calling main(),
   and modules are stored in the module_list;
 - if you print the content of module_list at the beginning of main(),
   the list appears empty. So, there must be something going on
   in the meantime that destroys the global variable(s).

on linux, i repeat, it works so i need to check further...

luigi