[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] kpfleming: trunk r88584 - /trunk/Makefile.rules

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Mon Nov 5 11:19:00 CST 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 05:00:08PM -0000, SVN commits to the Asterisk project wrote:
> Author: kpfleming
> Date: Mon Nov  5 11:00:07 2007
> New Revision: 88584

> Log:
> use a variable name that actually indicates what it is for

good point.

Related to this commit, i am a bit unclear on what those .eoo targets are.

I was under the impression that they are embedded object coming from C++
sources, so the build path should be .cc -> .oo -> .eoo , but
if you look at Makefile.moddir_rules and Makefile.rules the handling
seems different - there is only a rule .o -> .eoo , and besides,
later .eo and .eoo are handled exactly in the same way.

I am under the impression that Makefile.rules should have this change

-%.eoo: %.o
+%.eo: %.oo

and then probably references to .eoo in Makefile.moddir_rules should
go away as already covered by the .eo

cheers
luigi