[asterisk-dev] Asterisk SIP Channels Bridge

Asterisk asterisk at ivrtechgroup.com
Sat Nov 3 01:10:22 CDT 2007

Hi Mayank,

Yes, I am trying to conference 2 users in through SIP. I am not using
any Digium card and calls come in from the carrier via SIP.

First caller would call in and be placed on hold. And I have the unique
name of the channel saved in the database. And the subscriber will get a
text message indicating that you have a call. And if the subscriber
wants to talk to the original caller who is still on hold, he/she will
call into the system and the system would bridge both calls together. I
am getting sporadic results with the bridging. And while the original
caller is on hold , music on hold will not play most of the time.

I have read that this is a pretty simple feature to do if we use a PRI.

thanks

Eric Lee