[asterisk-dev] Asterisk SIP Channels Bridge

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 10:31:13 CDT 2007

In article <472B31B1.30703 at ivrtechgroup.com>,
Asterisk <asterisk at ivrtechgroup.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to bridge 2 SIP channels together via AGI script. The first
> caller would call in and be placed on hold and the second caller would
> call in and both the calls gets connected together.
>
> But I am having problem with the second caller finding the first channel.
>
> Can someone point me to the right direction?

Sure, the right direction is the asterisk-users list. This list is for
discussion about the code of Asterisk itself.

To answer your question, try looking at the DB() function (which has
replaced the deprecated DBput and DBget applications). Have the first
call store ${CHANNEL} in the asterisk database under a key that the
second call will know about.

This assumes that you are running a version of Asterisk that has the
Bridge application, otherwise you won't be able to join the two channels.

Another way to do it would be using MeetMe with the M option.

If you need further ideas, please ask on asterisk-users, describing
in more detail what information is available to associate one call with
the other.

Cheers
Tony
--