[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Release Maintenance News

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu May 31 14:50:52 MST 2007

On 15:09, Thu 31 May 07, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> >Are you sure dropping security support is a good thing to do if
> >trying to win over customers from traditional vendors.
>
> Yes.  I do think it is a bad idea to support every single Asterisk
> version we release for all of eternity.  At some point, versions will
> release an end of life, but they will never get there without a lot of
> advance notice to the community.

I totally agree.
Imagine you will have to backport stuff from asterisk 15.0
to 1.0.X
This will take lik 3 or 4 developers in full time.
Every project has releases that become too old to
support/maintain. As long as the 1.2 is maintained till 1.6
is there I think we are using the right method/timeschedule
for things

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu