[asterisk-dev] Realtime and call states in SIP

Wolfgang Liegel wli at teamfon.com
Wed May 30 04:38:20 MST 2007

Hello,

> For chan_sip3 I'm trying to design a way to have all the devices in
> memory
> and use manager commands to force resynch of individual devices or
> groups of them. We won't keep all data in memory, but enough so we
know
> if we have a peer and how to communicate and authenticate with it.
After
> auth, we can load the rest and keep it in memory for the transaction
> processing,
> then release that part.
Instead of using manager commands I would suggest to use something like
a timestamp or flag inside the database which would indicate a change
from external. That would reduce the queries on the database to a
minimum and the implementation would be independent from the manager
interface.
Regards,
Wolfgang