[asterisk-dev] Reg. upgrading the CentOS kernel, using with Asterisk 1.2.16

Sumit Gulati sumit.gulati at orgltd.com
Wed May 30 00:54:49 MST 2007

Hi All,

Priviously I intall the CentOS 4.4 and upragde it with   ( yum -y update ).
Its updating latest packegs of kernel version 2.6.9-42.0.10.EL-smp-i686 with
CentOS 4.4

This thing i was using with Asterisk 1.2.16 with digium TE110P card and IBM
X-346 Server.
This system is very stable and working frim from last 6 months.

Last week I install the CentOS 4.4 with the same Source of OS and update it
by yum -y update
Now its updating the latest packegs form internet and updating the kernel
verion 2.6.9-55.EL-smp-i686 with CentOS 4.5

This configurationg I am using with Asterisk 1.2.16 with Digium TE212P card
with IBM X-346 Server.
This time its giving me the problem as this server is getting hang after
every 4-5 hours ( I have tried it on 2 different mecines ).

Can you please help me to find the way to degrade the kernel version or
updgade the kernel up to only 2.6.9-42.0.10.EL-smp-i686 with CentOS 4.4
I am using yum -y update and its updating the latest version but I want to
update it to the particular version.

Thanks

Regards,
Sumit