[asterisk-dev] sip message 183 and ringback

dima dima at scancom.es
Tue May 29 06:47:28 MST 2007

> dima wrote:
> > on an rdp port? Could that be that the sip messaging is correct, but the
> > other side sends "silence" instead of "ringback".

s/rdp/rtp/

> Yes. That is likely.
:-( How could I find out if I really didn't get the ringback indication
in rtp stream? I've found this document
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avt-telephone-tones-00#section-2
which names about 14 types of "ringing tones". Which one is used in
asterisk (or is that configurable?). Or may be I'm looking in a wrong
place?
> A workaround is to force Asterisk to generate a
> local ringback with a certain Dial() option.

"r" in the Dial command causes "false-positive" ringbacks.