[asterisk-dev] Module unload

Chris Ostler chris.ostler at gmail.com
Thu May 24 15:41:18 MST 2007

I'm picking up work on a channel driver I started a while back.  The
hardware I'm using requires (well, prefers) that it be notified when it
will no longer be software controlled, so it can fall back into a safe
state.

I've put the necessary code into the module unload routine of the
channel driver.  However, it seems that when shutting down Asterisk, the
unload method of the modules is never called.

For my situation, this seems rather disingenuous.  Is this intentional,
or just an oversight?  If intentional, is there some other means of
triggering code to run when Asterisk will no longer handle a certain
channel technology?

Chris