[asterisk-dev] Docs converted to TeX?

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Mon May 21 15:29:21 MST 2007

Hi,
 Tex - latex  is a very very widely available typesetting languages. It
comes on every distro.

It has been in use for decades. Solid and reliable.

It generates professional documents. publication ready.

tex output can be directed to ps, pdf, html with ease.

tex source documents are very very small, and can be edited with any text
editor.
Many editors (emacs for example) already have tex bindings, and cope well
with tex..

with the tex language, we can generate html docs that have indexes, search
widgets etc. Far more readable&usable than plain text.

Derek.