[asterisk-dev] possible lack of CDR data recorded after an attended transfer (atxfer)

Caio Begotti caio at ueberalles.net
Fri May 18 10:33:53 MST 2007

On 18/05/2007, at 13:38, Steve Murphy wrote:
> But, I've got plenty of time to work on straightening out CDR's.
> And the
> more I do, the more I want to just totally rip it out, and re-code it.
> [...]
> Transfers occur outside the normal flow of CDR updating/posting/
> etc, but
> still randomly update CDR fields, so that's why you see the mess you
> see.
> [...]
> Hope this helps you get a feel for where I am with CDR fixing, and why
> its in its current troubled state, and where I'm heading with it.

Murf, thank you so much for your patience to answer this thread with
so many information and share your thoughts. That's exactly I was
looking for (it helped me A LOT). I wasn't looking for a quick fix,
really. I just didn't understand the current state of CDR storaging
in Asterisk and now I'm pretty confortable with it. Not because it
"sucks" or something or it "works" for me, but because now I
understand the problems of it.

Although it's bad news for some (including me, regarding this
attended transfer situation), I think everybody knows now what to
expect and what is possible to accomplish. Do you believe it would
worth to collect some real CDR data to analyze and sort out the
actual "bugs" in 1.4 code? Is it possible to simulate it with
perfection or would you like users to send you in their public data?

Sincerely,

--
Caio Begotti

<http://caio.ueberalles.net>