[asterisk-dev] Inband DTMF fixed in 1.4 but not 1.2 (bug 8944)

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu May 17 10:02:22 MST 2007

> Gregory Boehnlein wrote:
> > This would be very helpful to me, as I have several 1.2 boxes in
production
> > that do SIP-RFC-2833 to SIP-INBAND acting as aggregation boxes to
"Legacy
> > Carrier Equipment" (Sonus) that doesn't support RFC-2833 w/ the
Carrier's
> > current software Rev. Every now and then we get complaints from
customers
> > about DTMF being lost when calling automated services. This fix would
> > alleviate most of those issues.
>
> As I stated before, there is just no way that all of the DTMF fixes
> from 1.4 could get backported into 1.2.  It is far too invasive.  To
> alleviate these problems, I would plan on trying to migrate to the 1.4
> series.

Understood. We plan on upgrading the edge gateways that pay people's
salaries in Q3 2007. At this point, 1.4 is in limited pre-production on a
few boxes, but has not been authorized for production use yet. We're still
waiting for the code to age a bit more. As the old commercial says "We'll
sell no wine before it's time!"