[asterisk-dev] Inband DTMF fixed in 1.4 but not 1.2 (bug 8944)

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu May 17 08:58:24 MST 2007

> Hi Developers,
>
> I'm wondering why 8944 bug was not ported to 1.2 brunch as it is
> plagued
> but exact same problem as 1.4 brunch.
>
> I have tested 1.4 with russell's bugfix and we have not experienced
> inband DTMF issues when compared to latest 1.2 brunch.
>
> Its it possible to backport 8944 to 1.2 brunch (including the fix in
> r63698)

This would be very helpful to me, as I have several 1.2 boxes in production
that do SIP-RFC-2833 to SIP-INBAND acting as aggregation boxes to "Legacy
Carrier Equipment" (Sonus) that doesn't support RFC-2833 w/ the Carrier's
current software Rev. Every now and then we get complaints from customers
about DTMF being lost when calling automated services. This fix would
alleviate most of those issues.