[asterisk-dev] Manager changing to version 1.1

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Sun May 13 02:46:13 MST 2007

13 maj 2007 kl. 10.46 skrev Matt Riddell (NZ):

> The problem is, there have been some major changes that have
> occurred in
> the Manager between versions 1.2 and 1.4 (! vs : delineation for show
> channels concise to name one) which mean that in Manager access code I
> have to check for the presence of various results.
Those are CLI changes, not really manager changes (to be pedantic).
We do need manager versions of those commands.

> No, doing show version is not sufficient; there have been bugs or
> build
> inconsistencies in the past which have caused Asterisk to return no
> value for this:
>
> sm1*CLI> show version
> Asterisk  built by root at sm1.xxx.com on a i686 running Linux on
> 2006-01-20 01:08:57 UTC
> sm1*CLI>

Actually, I want both. One issue is that branches has no awareness of
which version
they're built upon, if they're based on 1.2, 1.4 or trunk.

We do need a "BASEASTERISKVERSION" variable that is updated after we
fork a release
in the trunk.

The "CoreSettings" AMI command in the "moremanager" branch gives both
Asterisk
version and AMI version. I've also added an AMI command to show the
module
version number if you really want to know details.

For more information, please check:
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/oej/moremanager/
CHANGES.moremanager

/O