[asterisk-dev] RTP Bridging optimization

Vadim Lebedev vadim at mbdsys.com
Sat May 12 16:01:52 MST 2007

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>Vadim Lebedev wrote:
>

>>However in case of simple bridging it's simply an overhead of 2 file
>>descriptors (one pipe)
>>

>Not quite; pipes are unidirectional (they are not sockets), so any
>bridge to connect two sockets would require two pipes.

I beleive you are mistaken,  the pipe syscals creates 2 file
descirptors, one for reading other for writing....
so in worst case you need 2 pipes meaning 4 fds
so first you splice to a write side of first pipe from a socket, then
optioanlly in case of montiored stream
tee form read side of the first pipe to the write side of the second pipe,
then splice from write side of the first pipe to the target socket, then
read from the read side of the second pipe
to perfrom monitoring

Thanks
Vadim