[asterisk-dev] Need some review and criticism for CEL (Channel Event Logging) (the new CDR attack)

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Fri May 11 13:15:21 MST 2007

Hello!

I'm far enough along in the CEL development, that it'd be nice to get
input from developers on what I should add/subtract/change to make the
CEL package more useful. What I have is working, but not yet finished. I
have sip and zap drivers generating the right (I think) events, and the
core is generating all the relevant events. I still have to instrument
the conference related events, and finish the transfer related events in
the other drivers. I can compile the pgsql, odbc, radius, and tds stuff,
but don't have the servers set up to make sure they work.
Who knows what else needs to be done...

the newcdr branch is at:
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/murf/newcdr

There's these documents:

svn branch: http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/murf/newcdr/doc/

http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/murf/newcdr/doc/cel-doc.tex?rev=63965&view=markup

and the following looks a LOT like the cdr equivalent!:

http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/team/murf/newcdr/doc/celdriver.tex?rev=63837&view=markup

Please, for those billing experts out there, could you read the docs and
give me your candid thoughts? If you can give it a spin, that'd be
really nice! If you hate it, adore it, let me know. I'll be working on
generating some common scenarios. If you'd like to help supply such
example code, let me know.

If anybody would like to hack on it with me, I'll move it to a public
branch...

murf

--
Steve Murphy