[asterisk-dev] chan_cellphone - Mantis issue 8919

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Fri May 11 08:13:40 MST 2007

----- "Senad Jordanovic" <senad at bicom.us> wrote:
> Olle E Johansson wrote:
> > 11 maj 2007 kl. 01.07 skrev Russell Bryant:

> >> +1 !!!
> >>
> > Chan_bluefeet ...going everywhere...
> >
> > /O
>
> What about : chan_wtech... Channel (for) wireless technologies
>

> Senad

So, part of the reason I didn't want to use anything "bluetooth" (or blueteeth *cough*), is because in the future - this channel driver *could* in theory also control devices via other methods - say via usb serial (many new phones coming on the market can push the audio (using sco, I believe?) over the usb, instead of through a 2.5" jack).

It wouldn't surprise me if eventually we had res_bluetooth/res_rfcomm, res_sco, etc, which this channel driver (and others?) could use.

--
Jason Parker
Digium