[asterisk-dev] Asterisk SVN trunk and wideband

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Wed May 9 14:25:56 MST 2007

Hi,

Can someone clue me in about the state of play for wideband in SVN trunk?

I took 2 SNOM phone and told then to do G722, dialled them through an
svn trunk box.  sip show channels says they are using g722.  One phone
was a '320, the other a '190.

So the call didn't sound amazingly better.  bs and ps were more
distinct I reckon but I did expect more.

So - should I hear 8kHz bandwidth?  Are there other steps I need to do?

And also - what's the prospect for Speex 16kHz?

And transcoding between the two?

Thanks for some pointers!

Steve