[asterisk-dev] Asterisk channels limit

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed May 9 13:20:36 MST 2007

On 5/9/07, Paulo Garcia <paulo.astdev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I heard something about Asterisk limits the number of simultaneous channels
> (general or per type). Checking through the source code (latest 1.2 and 1.4
> stable versions) I couldn't find any hardcoded limitation. Please, could
> someone please confirm that?

As far as I know, there are no hard-coded channel limits in the *open
source* version of Asterisk.  As I understand it, Digium's Business
Edition does have certain limits so that Digium can guarantee a
quantifiable level of support.  I'm no expert at Business Edition, so
I can't really tell you more than that.

-Jared