[asterisk-dev] Response to Subscribe with Expire set to 0.

Ray Chen ray1017 at techie.com
Wed May 9 13:08:21 MST 2007

Hi, I found out that asterisk responses a sip endpoint Subscribe msg a
200 OK with Expire set to 0 (the Expire header in the Subscribe msg was
3600). The sip endpoint will resend the subscribe msg when it receives
the 200 response because it believes that the subscription has expired on
the server. Sip endpoints flush sub. msgs to the server because of this
response.The problem is in chan_sip.c function sip_alloc. When receiving
a Subscribe msg handle_request_subscribe creats a new sip_pvt without
setting its member "expiry" - 0 is assumed as default. When custruct 200
OK it set header Expire with the value expiry in the newly construected
sip_pvt which is 0. Initiate sip_pvt with its member expiry being set to
DEFAULT_MAX_EXPIRY will fix this problem. I am using asterisk 1.2.17 but
the problem remains in 1.4.4 release. Should I report this as a bug or
this is a configuration issue? -Ray