[asterisk-dev] wrong usage of AST_FLAG_END_DTMF_ONLY in ast_senddigit()?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed May 9 09:57:39 MST 2007

Michael Neuhauser wrote:
> Another thing is, that ast_senddigit_begin() will use playtones to fake
> the digit when called for a channel that has a tech with
> send_digit_begin == NULL (e.g., SIP with INFO). Is this a desired
> behaviour? I can't think of any reason why it should behave that way.
> Maybe it makes sense if the tech has both send_digit_begin and
> send_digit_end set to NULL.

Sorry for the response spam.

This is correct, as well.  Other parts of the code assume that if a
channel does not have a send_digit_begin callback, that it only wants
DTMF END events, so this function behave the same way.  The
ast_senddigit_begin() and end() functions should only start and stop
inband DTMF on the channel if the channel driver specifically asks for
it by returning non-zero from its digit_begin() and end() callbacks.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer