[asterisk-dev] Re: [asterisk-commits] oej: branch oej/moremanager r63358 - in /team/oej/moremanager: ./ channels/

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 8 13:32:35 MST 2007

Olle E Johansson wrote:

> Absolutely, but having Status:  with various values - strings, numbers,
> planets, gps positions and on/off boolean values is not what I
> personally think is good syntax.
> Like the Channel: header we used in so many different places with
> totally different values.

You missed my point; the 'Status' header is not an independent item, it
only makes sense in the context of the event is a portion of. Given
that, the possible values it could have will vary based on the event
type, there is no reason that they all must be the same type.

In other words, I can't imagine a situation where someone would write a
parser for manager events that would want to validate the value in a
'Status' header without regard to the event it is part of. It certainly
seems more logical to me to be able to just find the 'Status' header in
every status-type event that gets reported, rather than have to look for
35 different 'status' headers for 35 different types of events.

If you don't want the Status header to varying values, then maybe making
hold/unhold a single event is the wrong way to go, and it should just go
back to two separate events and no status header at all. The event was
smaller and simpler that way...