[asterisk-dev] Adding Octastic Soft-Echo to external SIP adapters

critch critch at basesys.com
Mon May 7 08:22:06 MST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 19:54 +0500, Vazir wrote:
> PSTN (MY CALLING CARD CUSTOMERS) <---> CISCO AS5350 <--->
> VOIP SIDE (SATELLITE ~600mc roundtrip - 300 mc oneway!)
>
> So the echo is generated by the VOIP side. I can hear it
> very well is I switch off echo cancellation on the CISCO

If you hear the echo, it was produced on the other end. You audio went
out and came back. So assuming you are on one side and your customers
are on the PSTN, the echo happened on the PSTN and is supposed to be
cancelled by the cisco before becoming voip. If you turn off the echo
cancel on the cisco, it just digitizes what came back on the wire and
sends the echo and all to you.

--
critch <critch at basesys.com>