[asterisk-dev] Re: Virtual IP Adresses and SIP requests failing...

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat May 5 12:40:55 MST 2007

On Saturday 05 May 2007, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> Yes, it's the expected IP stack behavior when the service is bound to
> 0.0.0.0. Asterisk sends the repy to the address from which the request
> came, it has no control which src address to use.

Actually, it does control it; it uses the Linux routing map to select which
address it uses as its source address.  There has been a request for
some time to allow Asterisk to reply on the same address on which it
received packets, but I don't know that there's been any successful
patch so far.  You're certainly welcome to add your efforts to getting
Asterisk to do that, though.

--
Tilghman