[asterisk-dev] Adding Octastic Soft-Echo to external SIP adapters

syd wonder sydsyd65 at hotmail.com
Fri May 4 11:00:35 MST 2007

Hi all.  I'm trying to hook into a chan_zap.c function that enables echo
cancellation.  I think I've identified the spots to hook into but am
wondering if someone can answer a few questions or provide some guidance.

1 - I'm using an external device (Sipura SPA3000 FXS/FXO) configured as a
SIP trunk.  I'm hoping  that along with the Chan_Sip.C file, that the
Chan_Zap.c file is used to setup some of the functionality, namely - whether
echo cancellation should be enabled
2 - With item 1 being true, the reason why echo cancelling is not being
enabled is because the external device is being recognized as a digital
channel.

Anyone have a suggestion as to whether these assumptions are true?  If not,
any suggestions how I can add the echo cancellation functions to non-zap
devices.  This is something a bit more interesting now that Octastic has
released their SoftEcho software.   Thanks.. Syd