[asterisk-dev] 1.4/trunk chan_iax2.c stability/deadlocks

critch critch at basesys.com
Thu May 3 16:22:44 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 21:59 +0200, Stephen Davies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently moved our IAX service servers on to SVN trunk.
>
> Seems to me that a lot of people are still on 1.2, and so I thought I
> should do my bit and put the trunk code into production and see what
> happens and fix whatever comes my way.  Cos we need 1.4 to be stable.
>
> So what has happened is segfaults and deadlocks in chan_iax2.
> Probably on average once a day.  Of course this is to do with the new
> multi-threaded stuff in there.
>
> Is my experience the norm for those using iax2 on 1.4/trunk?
>
> So I've been working on my coredumps and fixing the issues - I'll
> upload onto Mantis once I've seen whether my fixes are proving
> effective.
>
> Are others running 1.4 in iax intensive environments?  Are there
> others prepared to take some pain to try to chase down these issues?

I don't know how intensive our environment is. Possible a handful of
calls a day get passed via iax. But we are running on a 1.4 asterisk
code base. one machine with no IAX, and another with some IAX and a
higher call load.

Only trouble I know we have is that the one with IAX traffic
occasionally stops reporting anything but 5 channels in use via
res_snmp. Both are older 1.4 versions that has a race condition on the
AGI system that leaves zombie scripts behind. I know this last problem
is solved in newer revisions, but we have other problems with our AGI
script to use the newer rev yet.
--
critch <critch at basesys.com>