[asterisk-dev] 1.4/trunk chan_iax2.c stability/deadlocks

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Thu May 3 12:59:26 MST 2007

Hi,

I recently moved our IAX service servers on to SVN trunk.

Seems to me that a lot of people are still on 1.2, and so I thought I
should do my bit and put the trunk code into production and see what
happens and fix whatever comes my way.  Cos we need 1.4 to be stable.

So what has happened is segfaults and deadlocks in chan_iax2.
Probably on average once a day.  Of course this is to do with the new
multi-threaded stuff in there.

Is my experience the norm for those using iax2 on 1.4/trunk?

So I've been working on my coredumps and fixing the issues - I'll
upload onto Mantis once I've seen whether my fixes are proving
effective.

Are others running 1.4 in iax intensive environments?  Are there
others prepared to take some pain to try to chase down these issues?

Thanks,
Steve