[asterisk-dev] M9645: provide zaptel master timing to spans

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed May 2 09:23:52 MST 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 10:41 am, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > What do you think of expanding the patch to disable interrupts on
> > subsequent cards?

> That approach helps for multiple cards that are driven by the same
> driver. What about a system with two different card types?

Why would it matter?  All zaptel cards do work on a 1ms interval.  The wct4xx
driver does more than the wcfxo for sure, but the interrupt timing and
structure is the same.

I took a (very) quick look at wcfxo.c, wct1xxp.c and wct4xxp/base.c.  When you
get an interrupt, couldn't you simply chain through their respective
handlers?  I don't see any reason why not.

> Also consider an mISDN card providing timing through the ztdummy
> external timing patch:
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8896

Yes, this appears to be a first-pass implementation of having Zaptel able to
take interrupts from one place and using them.

-A.