[asterisk-dev] The New CDR system

critch critch at basesys.com
Sat Mar 31 06:43:53 MST 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 10:59 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 11:57:38PM -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
> >
> > ----- "Rod Dorman" <rodd at polylogics.com> wrote:
> > > Is IAX always going to be over TCP?
> >
> > IAX has never been and never will be TCP.  It is UDP based.
>
> But CDR data really needs what TCP has to offer.
>
> What you do is re-implement TCP (or TCP/with a bit of SSL). While it
> might work, ,it is not as good as the original.

The only thing needed is guarenteed delivery. IAX full frames in UDP
already do that. Seems to work fine for most people.

> Anotherthing I have a "bad feeling about" is tying the CDR to a specific
> channel (IAX2).

Guess you missed the part that this was a possibilty to pass CDR via
IAX. Adding flexibility isn't tying to a specific transport. Hell going
to a channel driver when you are a single install would not make it past
this group of developers.
--
critch <critch at basesys.com>