[asterisk-dev] Re: The New CDR system

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Mar 30 13:16:26 MST 2007

In my application (an adult chat system), we process about 15,000 calls a
day. I write a CDR at the start of each product (context) using
resetcdr(w) so we can keep track of how much time was spent on the
previous product. Each call consists of between 5 and 100 cdrs.

I added the following fields to our CDR table: agent, ani, dnis, globalid
(host id + unique id), per_minute (charge per minute for this product),
product (previous context), surcharge (surcharge for this product), theme,
and timestamp -- obviously a bunch of stuff other users may not be
interested in.

I implemented this by hacking on cdr_addon_mysql() in 1 system and by a
custom AGI on another. Both work pretty well and have their advantages and
disadvantages.

What I would have liked to implement would be for the CDR engine ask the
database for the column names in the specified table. Then, when a CDR is
written, if there is a global or channel variable of that name, it would
be added to the insert statement. I would also like to have implemented an
"alias" feature so that I could say "column-name = variable-name."

This would eliminate the userfield kludge and let implementors tailor the
CDR to their needs without requiring any custom coding.

Thanks in advance,