[asterisk-dev] 1.4 spanish sounds

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Mar 28 08:29:07 MST 2007

Wouldn't someone from Spain speak the "purest" Spanish?  Of course, anyone with "Patriotism" for their country is going to proclaim that they are the "Purest" and "Better".  England = Queen's English is purer than American English.

We had a guy from Puerto Rico do some translation from English to Spanish for a call center in Colombia.  The Colombians said that his translation for "refund" meant to "throw up or regurgitate".  :-)

I think that there may not be any "standard" localization for Spanish or English for that matter.  It may be people will be better served by creating their own versions of recordings based on real localization.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com
KB3OPB