[asterisk-dev] RealTime, Large Dialplans, and headaches... got any ideas?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Mar 27 23:46:09 MST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:33:23AM +0200, Olle E Johansson wrote:

> 28 mar 2007 kl. 01.16 skrev Nicholas Campion:
>
> > You could create another table in the database that would hold the
> > last write times of these tables.  Create a separate table with the
> > columns "table name" and "mod date", then create or modify the
> > wrapper which you use to write information to the RT tables to,
> > before they write to the appropriate real time table, update the
> > time in the mod access time for that table to the current time.
> > Then, when a call comes in, check that table entry and see if it
> > needs to be reloaded.
> >
> > I don't know if that makes this a good idea, but it seems possible.
> >
> Realtime is not an SQL abstraction layer, it's a storage abstraction
> layer. Solving realtime architecture problems
> with SQL queries is not a solution.
>
> Remember that realtime also has drivers for LDAP in the bug tracker
> to prove this.

understood.
Anyways, in the end there is a caching issue, and one thing that
would help here is some means to tell if the cache is up-to-date
or not.

In terms of abstractions, we could provide a rt_cache_valid()
function that is implemented in various ways depending on the
backent, and defaulting to "no, sorry" in case there is no supported
way to tell for a given backend.

	cheers
	luigi