[asterisk-dev] G.729 DSP MIPS?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 27 12:46:43 MST 2007

Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> 	Does anyone know how many MIPS the G.729 codec consumes in each/both
> code/decode a single stream on the Digium DSP card? Or any other card,
> or even on a Pentium? How much RAM the program and variables consume?
> How much data a 10ms sample occupies after decoding from 1KBps?

We don't have measurements of these metrics for our software codec,
although of course they could be provided if it was needed for some
reason we needed to be involved in :-)

For the transcoder card (which is more than just a DSP, by the way), we
don't have access to these computations, and it varies based on new
firwmare releases we receive anyway so any numbers we did have would
become obsolete rather quickly.