[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.4.x compilation problem

Yifan Zhang yifanz at softsound.com
Wed Mar 21 03:52:47 MST 2007

Hi, all,

I've been using Asterisk 1.2. And having problems to update to Asterisk
1.4. Both 1.4.0 and 1.4.1
 does not compile on my gentoo box with GCC 4.0 with OpenLine4 Card
(vpb).  In 1.4.0, in channels
make compiled chan_vpb.cc into chan_vpb.o and chan_vpb.oo, by removing
one of the object file
from linking commandline, it worked. But chan_vpb.so does not register
itself. In 1.4.1, chan_vpb does
not compile. This time I spent some time and made minor changes to the
sourcecode, now it works fine.
The problems were:
1> *_digit_end function prototype is different. add extra parameter
"unsigned int duration" will do the trick
2> AST_MODULE_INFO block does not exist in chan_vpb.cc, add it to
chan_vpb will make it work

Is there anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yifan