[asterisk-dev] Parsing in Asterisk

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Mar 19 14:14:14 MST 2007

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> One of the earliest dialplan functions was
> ENV():
>
> Set(ENV(TZ)=America/Chicago)
>
> Even though we call it a function, you might think of it as a subscript
> to an associative array, if that makes the concept easier.

I like that term better as the concept of an Asterisk
function does neither correspond to a mathematical function nor
to the concept of a function in other programming languages.
When I first got in touch with Asterisk it was like "What
strange kind of thing is this". But the name you give it
doesn't really matter.

Set(ENV[TZ]=America/Chicago) would have made this clear to
me immediately. :)

Regards,
  Philipp

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998