[asterisk-dev] Re: Placing a new outbound call using C

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 02:42:50 MST 2007

In article <c493fc5c0703081549m183b2295s5da5abae6d0a700c at mail.gmail.com>,
Joel <jjshoe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Compared to calling a function in C there is a significant time difference
> that is only further amplified by scheduling lots of calls in advance.
>
> Anyways, to make it perfectly clear, as the subject states, I want to do
> this using pure c.

Joel, I think the part of the picture we are missing when trying to help
you is this: you plan to write some functions in C that will directly
call the C API in Asterisk; how do you plan to call those functions that
you have written? What part of your overall system will cause them to
be executed?

Cheers
Tony
--