[asterisk-dev] nVidia Cuda

Wai Wu wkwu at calltrol.com
Mon Mar 5 15:10:47 MST 2007

I have to agree with Matthew here. The widely available GPUs is one of the reasons I got into this. If you look at the architecture of the G80, it is not bad at all. I also agree that becasue of the nature of graphic processing, GPUs in general tend not to have as many processor as they clame to have, but that will change. Also, when porting voice applications to these GPU, we are not look to Parallelize the code, instead, we are look to the same thing for many channel. I think GPUs are perfect for servers such as asterisk where FFT, mixing, encoding, and decoding are performed on all channels all the time.