[asterisk-dev] A plea for Zap Sanity

Christian crich-ml at beronet.com
Fri Mar 2 16:12:17 MST 2007

> Of course, this is silly, and not possible. But I had to ask!

This is certainly not silly, i bet most asterisk developers fixing bugs
in 1.2 / 1.4 / trunk would like to make this process of down/upgrading
easier.

What about having multiple /lib/modules/$(uname -r) directories? like
let's say you have kernel 2.6.20 your /lib/modules/ - dir would look like:

/lib/modules/2.6.20-zaptel-1.2
/lib/modules/2.6.20-zaptel-1.4
/lib/modules/2.6.20-zaptel-trunk
/lib/modules/2.6.20 -> 2.6.20-zaptel-1.2

so your kernel module directory is only a link to the real modules dir.
you could do the same for the /usr/include directory. Then you could
write a small script that changes your environment from 1.2 to 1.4  to
trunk.  This script would simply remove the symlinks and create new ones
regarding the corresponding versions.

That would be pretty easy to do i think.