[asterisk-dev] Violent Objections? CDR dst/dcontext probs in 1.4+ when a macro is involved.

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Fri Jun 29 11:45:48 CDT 2007

On Thursday, June 28, 2007, 19:15:39, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> The most common case for CDRs is the user who does not fiddle with
> the CDR at all and expects CDR information to be useful after the fact.
> That speaks to continuing to automatically populate the CDRs with the
> standard variables.  That means that CDR variables which will otherwise
> be overwritten automatically should not be user-settable.

There must be some subtlety I'm missing.

If the user "does not fiddle with the CDR at all" what difference would
it make if the CDR variables were user-settable?

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh