[asterisk-dev] Query about getting peer information in chan_sip.c

Chan Kwang Mien kwangmien at asgent-tech.com
Fri Jun 29 02:23:42 CDT 2007

Hi,

sipphone A -> Asterisk -> sipphone B

in the case of sip, the channel driver is chan_sip. when a call is made
from sipphone A, the function that receives SIP messages is
sipsock_read(...) in chan_sip.c. In this function, depending on what type
of message, the function will be executed. for e.g. INVITE is handled by
handle_request_invite(...). Calls made from PBX are done using
sip_call(...). so, sip_call(...) sends an INVITE to sipphone B. When
Asterisk receives 200 OK from sipphoneB, sip_answer(...) sends 200 OK to
sipphoneA.

regards,
Kwang Mien