[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on the messages dealing with temporary

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue Jun 26 09:57:19 CDT 2007

----- "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>
> > What I meant was to get the recording redone by the voice of
> Asterisk,
> > Allison Smith:  http://www.digium.com/en/products/voice/
>
> This is no longer the policy; now that we require prompts in 48KHz
> signed linear WAV format, in English, Spanish and French, we (Digium)
> are now responsible for getting prompts recorded when necessary.
>
> If the community agrees that this change should be made, then the
> patch
> can be committed without prompts but with a set of translations into
> each language and then the recording request can be sent to me; I
> will
> handle getting the recordings ordered and placed into the master
> repository.

I still believe it would be most appropriate to go with option 1.  We wouldn't need to change the code (and behavior that most people are already familiar with) at all.

"Press X to manage your <X greeting/busy message/etc>." instead of "Press X to record your <X greeting/busy message/etc>."

--
Jason Parker
Digium