[asterisk-dev] Fixing Asterisk DNS - bug 9152, asynchronous DNS, etc

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:13:53 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

  I am sick of failing DNS servers / internet connections locking up
my Asterisk boxes (isn't everyone).  I also don't like not being able
to use proper DNS when I should be able to.  I originally complained
about the problem here:

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20070430.205115.69a12f87.en.html

  Is anyone willing/able to provide a REAL fix to this issue?  This is
a serious problem for myself and others - I'm willing to pay cash -
name your price!  The fix should work on 1.2, 1.4, and trunk.

  It appears that a good start would be making Asterisk DNS resolution
asynchronous inside of dns.c and making dns manager work with
chan_sip.  Or maybe not.  Does anyone with more clue have any better
ideas?

  I know that DNS fixes aren't very glamorous or cool, but neither is
Asterisk locking up because of failing DNS requests.

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner