[asterisk-dev] CDR changes in Trunk -- Transfers, CDRs, Life, and Everything

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Tue Jun 12 14:05:04 CDT 2007

I have created an asterisk.org blog entry:

http://www.asterisk.org/node/48358

to describe what I will shortly be committing to trunk to correct the
weaknesses of CDRs, that asterisk users and developers have been
complaining about for quite some time.

Highlights: Restructuring the code and philosophy of CDRs.
            Plans to eliminate the ForkCDR() application
            Plans to create the CDRstart(),
                                CDRanswer(handle),
                            and CDRclose(handle) functions to provide
               dialplan ability to create CDR records.

            (I am considering restructuring the CDR function, also,
             to allow mods to be made to not only Channel-attached
CDR's,
             but also the fields in CDRs created by CDRstart(), BTW).

I seek feedback from folks who have battled with CDRs to develop billing
applications, and those who plan doing so in the future. Participate or
be happy with the senseless mess that will surely result from your
non-participation!

murf

--
Steve Murphy